I am a shark, the ground is my ocean...and most people don't even know how to swim. - Rickson Gracie

вторник, 13 октября 2020 г.

Who are the top fighters in the UFC Light Weight Division?

 I admit that I am using only fighter fight data where they competed in UFC or other UFC owned organisation such as Strikeforce, Pride and others. I would argue that many of the smaller organisation wins don't really count since they were early in the career and at a much lower level. The only one that I should try to include in the future is Bellator where Justin Gaethje had a very successful run and for this reason he does not feature in the bar chart I preset. 


Just take a look at this table:


I have selected lightweight division fighters with more than 8 wins in the UFC & affiliates and less than 8 losses.

Most notably missing is Jutin Gaethje (Bellator excluded) and Islam Makhachev (only 7 wins in UFC). I think both of these guys deserve to be on the list and will probably make it on here soon. 

Its surprising though that there are only just a few guys that have managed to get 8 wins with less than 8 losses in the UFC and I think this one is a testament of how good these guys truly are. 

Of course there is also the issue that some fighters like BJ Penn fought passed their prime for too long accumulating losses as a result but because it is hard to see the cut off point between fighter in his prime and passed his prime, this cannot be reliably accounted for. 

Any comments, let me know. 


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Be part of the solution. Support WWF today
Check out my published content!