I am a shark, the ground is my ocean...and most people don't even know how to swim. - Rickson Gracie

вторник, 9 июня 2009 г.

UFC Undisputed 2009 Video Game

Got this game the day it came out in the UK. So far really enjoying it. The career mode is probably the most interesting part but havent tried the XBOX Live stuff. (i have an Xbox 360 by the way)

The controls are surprisingly good although grappling I have found considerably more difficult to master compared to the standup game. I am getting there though. They claim to have a whole range of martial arts included in the game including bjj, boxing, muay thai, judo and wrestling. Personally, the Judo throws are the most impossible to implement.

The career mode allows you to train up your fighter adding strength, speed and cardio. At the same time you have the ability to improve skills by sparring. The better you do in the sparring sessions, the better your fighters skills. So far I have found that while at the lower levels I can easily win with just a standup game, when I get to Frank Mir and Minotauro Noguera, I immediately lose by submission or ground and pound. Submissions and ground grappling is clearly a more advanced part of the game. (at least it seems to me)

Of course you really miss some of the top fighters that are outside of the UFC. Of course Fedor. It also seems strange that at the moment Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski are fighting for Affliction instead of the UFC and they are included. Would really be great to have an MMA game that includes all top fighters of today rather than just UFC.

The other thing I thought would be kind of cool for a project like this is to include some cool anomalies that come up in the sport. For example get Hong Man Choi, Zulu, Bob Sapp freaks but also super advanced grapplers like Roger Gracie, Xande Ribeiro, Jacare and Jeff Monson who are fighting in MMA anyway.

Generally great game. A bit much to learn but I guess that also makes it fun since there is a lot to master in the controls. Better than expected! at least 9 out of 10

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Be part of the solution. Support WWF today
Check out my published content!