I am a shark, the ground is my ocean...and most people don't even know how to swim. - Rickson Gracie

понедельник, 3 мая 2010 г.

Taking the Back

One of the major principles of brazilian jiu jitsu is position before submission. Your ability to take the back of your opponent from different positions can mean all the difference in sparring and competition.

There are so many ways of taking the back of your opponent and sometimes he may give his back to you especially if you have already mounted him, but most of the time you have to work to get it.

Below are some clips that I found on youtube on taking the back. The first one, taking the back from north south is a move that I think is fundamental to BJJ.










Now check out this video of a gi match between a judoka and Leo Viera (BJJ World Champ). Watch the beautiful back take by Viera 1:00.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Be part of the solution. Support WWF today
Check out my published content!