I am a shark, the ground is my ocean...and most people don't even know how to swim. - Rickson Gracie

вторник, 18 мая 2010 г.

Fedor vs Werdum

ground. The guy has really improved his striking since fighting Nogueira and on the ground I think he could really control the fight.

People keep saying that noone can submit Fedor and that Fedor can submit anyone, but really who has he submitted that was so amazing? Randelman, Coleman, Hong Man Choi, Sylvia ... all guys who are blue belts at best in BJJ.

Fedor is good on the ground, but when you have a guy on par with the skills of Ricardo Arona, you will see Werdum taking Fedor's back, taking mount and in these situations Fedor is going to use all his skills.

The other thing is that if you look at the photos, Fedor is not in the best shape of his life. He visibly is slower then three years ago and I think the Brett Rogers fight showed a lot of wholes where Werdum could play.

Fabricio is also taller and a very well conditioned fighter. He can go the full three rounds and unless Fedor pulls out another KO which I think would be hard to do, then the fight is going to the ground.

For Werdum, I can see him working on putting Fedor on his back and from there it could get really interesting.



























There is so much media attention out ther about Fedor not fighting the top competition and they are right. Fighting Werdum is really a waste. If Fedor wants to fight two time a year, he has to fight only the best.

However looking at Fedor's conditioning and at Werdum's skill on the ground, I believe people are in for a surprise. I am going to really enjoy Fabricio both in striking and on the

Fedor is not really a guard player and I have always noticed that his ground game is very judo-like. He has excellent submissions but his positional game is not good. Fedor passes the guard mainly using his effective ground and pound but you could see that he has trouble taking the mount. (look at Cro Cop or Mark Hunt fights).

I think it is still a decent fight, just not for a fighter who is ranked #1 thats all. I think the poll supports my view.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Be part of the solution. Support WWF today
Check out my published content!