I am a shark, the ground is my ocean...and most people don't even know how to swim. - Rickson Gracie

среда, 17 июня 2009 г.

Roy Dean Blue Belt Requirements DVD Review

Guys,

I got this DVD a few months back and here are my few comments on it.

- Good quality picture etc no complaints here. A well-produced instructional

- It is ONLY for beginners in jiu jitsu. You don't want to get this one if you've being learning jiu jitsu for more than a year and I cannot stress this enough. The range of techniques is very basic. You will review your fundamentals but if you want to see some new stuff to try out in class, get another DVD.

- Gradings. Roy Dean talks a lot about gradings. Personally I don't really believe in this kind of thing. It is nice to see good technique but I think it is sparring and competition performance that counts. You don't need to know hundreds of techniques in my opinion.

- Limited content. This is a two DVD set, but what you get I though was very limited compared to other double DVD sets that I got. You really only get a few techniques here shown in good detail. What you do not get here is a guard series where the blackbelt demonstrates a series of techniques that interconnect.

Overall I give this DVD a 5.5 out of 10 but I was a little disappointed. An ok DVD for beginners but if you want to develop, I recommend you look elsewhere.



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Be part of the solution. Support WWF today
Check out my published content!