I am a shark, the ground is my ocean...and most people don't even know how to swim. - Rickson Gracie

воскресенье, 5 апреля 2009 г.

Saulo Ribeiro Jiu Jitsu University Book - My Review

I have bought this book a few weeks ago and I have to say firstly that it blows me away. Saulo Ribeiro and Kevin Howell together with all the other guys that have helped to make this book I think have done a tremendous job.

If you liked Saulo's Jiu Jitsu Revolution Instructional DVD series, you are going to love the book. As in the DVD collection, Saulo is brilliant, teaching the fine technical details that you really need to understand to improve your game.

Firstly it is an enjoyable read and a very nice book, beautiful illustrations! Loads of pictures that show every detail and common mistakes made.

Saulo's reveals his philosophy in this book focusing on survival, escapes and positional play. This is not your average book of submission techniques. Submissions are left for the black belts who already know every aspect and are the last chapter of the book.

The real goal is to escape submissions, survive against more experienced opponents and gain a superior position. This book really focuses on the fine details which are normally omitted by beginners and intermediate students who learn brazilian jiu jitsu and tend to concentrate too much on submissions and power.

Transitions are shown well and also common mistakes which I think are great to fine tune your jiu jitsu

Of course the other thing to mention is that the sport aspect is what is covered here. Take-downs and self-defense aspects are not and I don't believe are needed here. Saulo aims to cover the foundations of the sport at a very technical level.

10 out of 10 , this book is an invaluable gift to any brazilian jiu jitsu practitioner, no matter what level.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий

Be part of the solution. Support WWF today
Check out my published content!